Ticket and tour information:
Our guided sightseeing tours of Edinburgh start either at 10am in the Canongate (bottom section of the Royal Mile) or in the Old Town at 1pm and 5pm. Both tours visit up to six premises (restaurants,shops and bars) enjoying one of their signature dishes (starter size portions) as well as sampling wines, malt whisky or beers in some of the venues. As you walk between premises the guide will talk about the history of Edinburgh and places of interest along the way. You will have a radio receiver enabling you to listen to the tour guide while walking at your own pace. It is recommended not to have lunch before going on the tour and if having dinner in the evening plan to dine later.
Tickets have to be pre booked.
- This guarantees your place.
- Allows the guided tours to leave on time (we know when everyone has arrived).
- Allows restaurants and bars to have prepared food and drink for all those on the sightseeing tour.
- Once booked your walking tour will go ahead. By paying in advance ensures we will run the tour even if it is just for you.
- Tickets are priced from £49 per person.
- Payment can be taken online using a credit or debit card, click "Tour booking" to make online booking & payment.
- Prices are in pounds sterling, the World pay web site will show you the cost in your local currency.
- Payment can also be made by credit/debit card over the phone, click on "contact" for phone number.
Cancelling or rescheduling
- Cancellations of one of our walking tours of Edinburgh is accepted with 2 days notice, admin fee of £10 per ticket on cancellation.
- We will endeavour to accommodate a reschedule walking tour for you with 2 days notice. But cancellation of the re scheduled date will not be liable to a refund even if giving 2 days notice.
There is presently no discount for students, OAPs or Children.
Our walking tours of Edinburgh's Old and New Towns are mainly on the flat and at each stop there will be seating and toilet facilities available. It would be recommended to take a bottle of water with you.
Vegetarain or Special dietary requirements.
If we are told in advance we can make arrangements for vegetarians or anyone with special dietry needs going on the walking tours.
Presently the walking tours are in English only. For groups of four or more please email for tours available in other languages than English.
There is parking at West end of Princes St at the Castle Terrace Car Park for the Old/New Town tour. Or behind Waverley railway station in the New street car park for the Canongate tour. You will be enjoying some alcohol along the way of the walking tours so driving afterwards is not recommended.
Start & finish of tour
The location of the start of the walking tours of Edinburgh will be emailed to you with the confirmation of your booking. Your guide will assist with directions back to your accommodation at the end of the walking tour if required.
We pride ourselves on providing a first class service so please let the guide know if you are unhappy during the walking tour. In the unlikely event you are still unhappy after the walking tour is over please contact us by phone, email or letter, stating the problems you incurred and we will refund in part or full where necessary.This does not effect your staturtory rights.